Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Questions about Everyday Life

Hi all,

Went to Calgary over the weekend to check out The Killers on Sunday April 26th. They rocked the Saddledome. I'm sure that performance was much more enjoyable then the performance at the Saddledome the night after (ouch).

Interesting update, I gave notice to the current job last week without having anything lined up right after. A little scary, but I did give notice for the end of June. Gives me a little time.

I have always wondered about certain protocols in life that either should be established, or whether they are and I just don't know about them, or whether the protocol is disputed. I welcome all comments.

1. At what age does a woman become a "cougar". And is cougar an absolute or relative term. I mean, can a 19 year old boy call a hot 29 year old woman a cougar? If it's an absolute term, can I call a 32 year woman a cougar, even though I'm 30?

2 Speaking of which, is there an comparable term for older bar-star men? Male slang always enters the lexicon much quicker. Girls are much more secretive and subtle about this stuff. My guess: each group of girlfriends has their own unique term.

3. I'm sure most of us has gone through the first few birthdays after we became legal to drink. It is always an exercise in how drunk the birthday person can get, and how horrible the shooters are. My question is, at what age are you eligible to refuse certain shots on a birthday? For example, I refuse to drink tequila and at some point in time it stopped being bought for me on the birthday. Refusing tequila is not possible on a 19th or 20th b-day, but how long do you have to earn drinking cred before you can start refusing...

4. The "third date" rule. I've never been clear on what the actual rule is. I know that the third date is some standard that if "something" doesn't happen by the third date with a girl that it's time to cut-bait. What is that "something"? A kiss? Heavy-Petting? Full on monkey lovin in the back of a 1979 Cordoba station wagon? (On the Corinthian leather of course). I think a true standard should be established. It's really all too confusing, and gives me too much to think about. Especially on the third date. Maybe that's why I'm so distracted on the third date all the time?

These are types of thoughts that keep me busy when I'm sitting at home and the power goes out.

Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. Answers:

    A woman becomes a cougar when she starts wearing too much makeup to hide wrinkles, tight pants/small skirts and chases after young dudes. I would not call a classy 45 year old a cougar, but have seen some cougarish 26 year olds.

    There is no comparitive term for men...because we get better with age. Women find experience hot.

    Drinking cred...depends on the person and circle of friends. Just drink the damn tequila! Have you gotten that soft?

    By the time the third date rolls around you should have nailed her at least a dozen times

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you that surprised? I couldn't drink Tequila when I was 20. You saw that first hand at Champs...

    Yeah, "Sugar Daddy" was the only thing I could think of.

    ReplyDelete