Monday, November 30, 2009

Greetings, Grey Cup, and Randoms

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since my last post as my life has gone back to the travelling consultant lifestyle, which I prefer. Right now I'm on a contract in Calgary, and travelling back to Sask every couple weeks. Worked out great for the Grey Cup this year, despite the final result. I used to dislike the city of Calgary, but it is growing on me, largely because I know to make living in Calgary work for me.

I won't relive the pain that came out of this game, but I will say that the new management in Saskatchewan has built a solid foundation that will finally allow our beloved Riders to challenge every year. Darian Durant has shown he is resilient, that he learns from his mistakes and he has a bright future. Yes, the way the season ended sucks. But, the Riders were picked to miss the playoffs or at best cross over to the East in 2009. Instead, we came seconds from defeating one of the more dominant CFL teams in recent memory.

I decided just to spew some random thoughts on this post, just for some minor entertainment.

1. Would anyone ever sing "Total Eclipse of Heart" at Karaoke if it wasn't featured slightly modified in the movie "Old School".

2. I heard a song by a band called "5-Finger Death Punch". As you can likely guess they are hard rock/metal type band. You have to think that a name like that pretty much pigeonholes them to their chosen music genre, and doesn't allow a ton of room for experimentation. A collaboration between Elton John or Norah Jones and 5-Finger Death Punch doesn't really seem plausible.

3. I think one of the best money makers would be a brothel in a busy airport. What a better way to spend a "lay-over". Pun gratuitously intended.

4. What the hell is a "hip-hop tic-tac-tition"? A technically gifted rapper with fresh breath?

5. Men will take leak at a urinal in close quarters with other men doing the same and not blink an eye. So, when we use the stall to take a pee why do we always lock the door?

6. Hippopotomonstroses and quippedaliophobia means a "fear of long words". Isn't that just cruel?

I'm still tired from the weekend. Now to get ready from Edmonton 2010.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment