Thursday, February 19, 2009

25 Random Things

Looks like facebook is the new way to get chain letters. You can't install anything, play anything, or view anything without annoying 20-25 other people. The latest one is 25 random things about you where you are supposed to tag 25 friends and they'll say 25 random things about themselves and it passes on until you get it so many times you want to stick an icepick in your ear to see how far in it will go.

I won't do it on facebook, as to not clutter up everyone's screen with my tripe. That way I don't annoy anybody unless they want to be annoyed or have nothing better to do. However, these are completely random things, and really have nothing to do with relationships, but are just some comments or observations.

1. For some reason I enjoy chasing flocks of pigeons.
2. I believe in Karma. Largely because a pigeon shat on me when I was in NYC in the fall.
3. I'm pretty sure I like dogs and cats more then children.
4. Actually I'm quite sure of #3.
5. One day, I'm going to administer a series of IQ tests to a couple of my buddies (who shall remain nameless). One before a female enters their life. And one shortly after, because I'm pretty sure their IQ would drop 50 points.
6. On that note: To varying degrees all women are crazy, and all men are dumb. Largely because the opposite sex causes these respective ailments.
7. I find it remarkable how my hometown seems now just seems like a place to visit rather then a place I called home for 17 years.
8. A "lady" in the red light district in Amsterdam directed me to a church after trying to convince me to join her for a few minutes.
9. I was too baked, I couldn't find the church.
10. If a city or town has a one, and only one, 7-11 store. It follows that the 7-11 will be the center of the universe for the local high school age teens.
11. Three things that make up too much of my brain: Simpsons quotes, hockey stats, Seinfeld quotes.
12. The most scared I've ever been? Taking the elevator to the very top of the Eiffel Tower.
13. The second most scared I've ever been? Taking the elevator back down from the top of the Eiffel Tower
14. For the Westerners who have never been to a ripper joint outside of Sask and Alberta. The bouncers in Toronto get upset when you throw loonies at the girls. They don't make their money that way.
15. Bouncers in Toronto are also not very understanding of an honest mistake.
16. Truth in naming summed up in Southern Alberta: "Head Smashed in Buffalo Jump"
17. I don't think I'll ever whine about Saskatoon traffic again after battling rush hour on the QEW several times.
18. Two things I never want to know the numbers on: How much $$ I have spent on beer in my life. How much time I spent in high school with my buddies driving up and down main street Swift Current repeatedly.
19. I think the band with the broadest spectrum of fans is Tool. When I went a few years ago, I stood next to potheads, goth, metalheads, and typical t-shirt and jeans folk.
20. If you don't mind the smell of burning eyeball, I would recommend lazer surgery for anyone who is nearsighted.
21. For those who play guitar hero. There was a quote in one of the games - "A band is a dysfunctional family you choose". Truer words were never spoken.
22. On a related note, trying to choose covers to play when music tastes range from - 80s hair metal, 60s and 70s Brit rock, metal, progressive rock, and country sometimes proves difficult.
23. I saw a '79 beige Chrysler Cordoba for sale a few months ago. Almost bought it for nostalgia purposes (high school car).
24. How times change: a good friend I used to help with (or often do) math homework in grade school is now my financial advisor.
25. Definition of a small world: In Halifax, sitting next to a girl at a bar and finding out she is from Tisdale, SK who graduated high school with a good friend's ex-girlfriend.


Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for keeping me nameless...by the way, can I bring a date to your birthday?

    ReplyDelete